Ahead of the mass production of HMDs I’m pleased to see the consolidation of old terms (AR, VR, AR Cloud, XR, virtual games etc.) into one — Metaverse. It was difficult to explain to third parties the differences and similarities between all these industries earlier but semantic integration into one universal sphere should now increase the capitalization of all players.
My recent talk “#DeepFakes: pro & contra of democratic order”:
– Is it possible to detect DeepFakes?
– Is it possible to control DeepFakes?
– How will DeepFakes and synthetic content affect elections, society, government?
– What is the impact on ethics, social norms in 1-2-5-10 years?
As my main work is related to AI and brains for robots, (http://augmentedpixels.com) and I write in a blog about AI use cases in different industries, some big corporations involved in traditional industries ask me to help them solve problems with their AI research & development.
Usually, these problems are related to “over-budgeting” of R&D or issues with goal setting, or inefficient management in R&D teams.
Since the 90s I am a big fan of robotics, and I become very upset when companies producing robots fail.
For the last three years a few reputable companies that I liked a lot “left the market” (Anki, etc.).
As my company licenses SLAM for robotics and AR/VR glasses developers, I understand the market from the inside and will allow myself in this article some thoughts about system problems and necessary changes in the market that may change the situation.
I live and run a business in Silicon Valley ( http://augmentedpixels.com – SLAM and CV for Robots and AR / VR, est. 2011), but since 2012 I spend a part of my time to the systematic development of CV / ML in Eastern Europe:
– Since 2014 I have been holding a conference on Computer Vision and Machine Learning that gathers the largest community of CV/ML Researchers and Engineers (more than 1700) – EECVC (web – http://eecvc.com);
– With a group of activists we popularize CV/ML specialties, including active work on the opening of labs and majors in universities (MSc of computer vision, etc.).
– I manage a stealth community of angel investors from the United States interested in investing in CM / ML startups and cooperate with R&D centers in Eastern Europe;